Pet Allergy & Dermatology
Hallsville Veterinary Hospital offers diagnosis and treatment options for pet allergy and dermatology conditions. We strive to identify the underlying cause of your pet’s condition and develop a treatment plan targeted at the source of your pet’s ailment.
Identifying Pet Allergies
Your pet maybe allergic to a variety of substances. Identifying the source of your pet’s allergen is the 1st step in designing an effective treatment. We will conduct a simple blood test, which will identify the major cause of your pet’s allergic condition.
Pet Allergy Treatments
Based on the results of your pet’s allergy test, we can offer effective treatment options. A sample includes:
- Desensitizing drops—Oral liquid drops administered at home
- Desensitizing injections—Small injections given at home or at the clinic
- Prescription medications—Such as Apoquel
- Prescription diets—Hypoallergenic formulas
Pet dermatology conditions can be caused by a variety of sources such as:
- Parasites—Fleas, ticks, scabies, ringworm
- Food allergies
- Environmental allergies—Grass, pollen
We will conduct a full parasite evaluation, and conduct diagnostic tests to determine the source of the problem. Based on the results, a treatment will be designed targeting the source of the itch.
Your pet’s health and comfort are important to us. Please contact us to schedule an allergy or dermatology evaluation today. We are accepting new clients! We invite you to meet our team, and view our virtual tour.